Thursday, February 7, 2013

Catching up

So, I just realized that I haven't blogged in over a month! I've been busy. I started getting back into quilting again. I think it's been over 20 years since I last made a quilt. I got inspired after hearing that my nephew, Gary, is having a baby. And I don't know how it came to me but somehow I was searching the internet for quilts and checking out Pinterest. So I watched a video on you tube and went from there. The sewing machine came out and as you can see it's sitting on a TV tray. I must say it's holding up very well and serves it's purpose. I did not want to plop the machine on my dining table and listen to, "Do you have to do that now?", all day. So I wanted to place it away from everyone and I chose the Office/Guest Room/Dressing Room which is small and the only way I could get a table in there was to use couple of TV  trays. And it works fine! 




So here's the quilt finally. I actually enjoyed the free motion quilting on the machine. I have to practice more though and really get it to perfection. My next one will be better and bigger!




 Making trips to Variety Store in Sag Harbor for material and batting and such. Otherwise, have to drive 45 minutes away.


I think this is my next quilt. Making a crib size this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment