Sunday, March 31, 2013

Birthday Present

My wonderful husband surprised me with this absolutely gorgeous sewing machine! I have been looking around for a new one. Someone at work told me to go to Riverhead Sewing and Vac on Main Street. Well, they have all Janome machines and they have tons of them. They have all price ranges too.  I saw this one by the window just calling to me. Now, it also had the table that came with it. Of course, I realized it was out of my price range so I went to look at another one. When I came home I was telling Dick about my search. He goes for his usual walk and comes home and says we're going to Riverhead to pick up the machine you loved! He called the guy while he was walking and told him to box it all up! I was so shocked!! But I have it now! I does everything except make your dinner and do your laundry! And it has 250 stitches! Letters too! So here's some of the other features: 
*Automatically cuts the top and bottom thread with a touch of a button
 *Automatically knots the stitch for you
* Has an up/down needle
*You can move the presser foot up with your knee! 
* Has about 15 extra feet!
There's more but I can't remember the rest right now.

Oh well! On to my next obsession!




And this is the first thing I am making with my new sewing machine. A giraffe blanket for my nephew Gary and his wife Alison.  She is due at the end of May but her baby shower is May 5th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment