Sunday, June 13, 2010

My house was built in the 1970's so some things are always falling apart. Among them, my medicine cabinet. I told Dick (my husband) "that's it's, I can't stand the medicine cabinet anymore". So we went to Home Depot and bought a new one that we thought would fit. But it didn't. They don't make them that size anymore. But we thought we could add shelves on each size and because it was taller it would be OK and my son Richie, the carpenter would be able carve out some of the wall. Well, not happening! But it turned out better because Richie made us one. So I have a custom made medicine cabinet made by my son's own hands. It turned out beautiful. Just needs handles and polyurethane. Check out the progress!




Voila!!
(The master carpenter is reflected in the mirror)

Cake

It's all about cake with me. I love cake! I could eat cake for every meal. (Sometimes I do) So I had a craving for Almond pound cake. Saw a recipe in a William Sonoma baking cookbook and I just had to make it. It was delicous of course but could have used a little more almond extract.







No comments:

Post a Comment